SUN CARE PRODUCTS
True Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection
The EltaMD® sun care line includes a complete spectrum of sun care products, one for every skin type and unique need.
DID YOU KNOW
What you should know about the sun…
It causes 90% of all skin cancers:
- Overcast days are not much safer than those that are sunny, as 70-80% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays can get through the clouds.
- The sun is about 80% stronger when reflected off sand and snow.
- The sun’s rays increase in intensity about 4% for every 1,000-foot rise in altitude.
- It’s better to play or engage in sports before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. If that’s not possible, try to avoid being out at high noon.
- The sun weakens the immune system, reducing your defense against infection.
- In general, kids can get all the vitamin D they need for strong bones from fortified milk, salmon, vitamin supplements and/or brief, casual sun exposure.